Hair Removal Treatment for Mississippi
Virgin Hair 4 Us is Arkansas’s source for high quality professional hair removal services. We offer a full range of hair removal options, however, for those clients with stubborn hair that is unwanted and grows very often, we recommend electrolysis. Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal technique that employs the use of electrical currents to permanently alter the hair follicle so that it stops producing hair. Unwanted hair is often a cause of a hormonal imbalance which can be complicated and difficult to diagnose and cure. Electrolysis is a quick, relatively painless procedure that yields effective results. Sessions typically last between 15 minutes to an hour, depending on your skin’s sensitivity level. Most areas take around 4-10 hours of electrolysis treatment to effectively eradicate hair.
For clients who have not experienced electrolysis treatment, we always perform a consultation prior to their first treatment so that we can determine the safest way to perform the treatment. During your consultation, we will discuss your skin’s history of sensitivity, the texture of your hair and your hair removal goals. This way, our Mississippi specialists can customize your treatment so that it works for you.
It is common for our Mississippi clients who have not experienced a permanent hair removal technique to be a bit apprehensive before their first treatment. Our methods are medically approved and safe, and we always ensure to make your salon experience as calming and comfortable as possible. There are a few things that you can do before and after your appointment to ensure that everything goes smoothly. We have outlined some of these suggestions for you below.
Prior to Your Appointment:
- Make sure to schedule an appointment that is not rushed or scheduled during a busy, stressful day.
- If you suffer from premenstrual sensitivity, avoid scheduling an electrolysis session during your period.
- Caffeine has a tendency to make some people irritable, so avoid it if possible.
- It is best to avoid sun tanning 48 hours before your treatment.
- Staying hydrated ensures that treating your hair follicles is pain free and easy.
- Taking an over the counter pain killer such as Tylenol or Advil prior to your appointment may help to reduce any discomfort during the treatment.
After your Treatment:
- Avoid exfoliating the treated area.
- Avoid excessive sweating that may be caused by exercise. Bacteria can cause an infection on the treated area 24 hours after your appointment.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the treated area for 24 hours to ensure that the pores are not at risk of being clogged.
- Use witch hazel to soothe and tone the area.
- Avoid applying products that contain alcohol or are fragranced, as these can irritate the skin.
For more information about our electrolysis treatments or to book an appointment, call our Mississippi salon today. One of our friendly team members will be glad to provide you with the information that you need to make the best decision possible. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you to get rid of unwanted hair for good!